April 1, 2010

2009 - An amazing year in music for Zaibaktian

I'm never one to indulge in self-glory but i believed that 2009 was a year where all that i had set out to do....worked out for...planned for....believed....had finally came to some fruition......simply put, it had been an amazing year in my brief music career.

So here's me being a journalist for a day, writing a summary of what happened in 2009. To all my beautifuls & handsomes, hope you enjoy reading :)


  • Festival Melayu Ada aka FMA, a street gig showcasing homegrown independent Malay artistes was first held at Hajjah Esah Cafe (Bussorah Street) in March 2009. A brainchild of Zaibaktian, Rafaat Hamzah and Rafiz Hapipi, one of its primary objective was to promote Malay music, poetry and arts, and its practitioners. The event had been very successful in creating awareness among the Malay community, especially in the areas of music and poetry in its 1st year. A full article writeup on FMA was published in Berita Harian in June by Hanim Md Salleh.  
  • Establishing himself as a dynamic 'live' performer, he was selected to feature in an annual event featuring some of the best Singapore talents - "Rentak Singapura" - organised by Mediacorp Radio's RIA 89.7FM and WARNA 94.2FM. Performing his two hits "Lelaki Baru" & "Ejen Cinta", he was also given the honour to perform in the finale and performing alongside the 2 Singapore Idols, Taufik Batisah & Hady Mirza. 
  • "Dunia Yang Fana" was the 3rd single offering by Zaibaktian. Though he had initially submitted the song to be considered as RIA Trax Terbaru, it did not happen. Nevertheless, the song was included in the month of Ramadhan playlist. It received an encouraging response from the radio listeners and it then made its debut in RIA Charts in October 2009. It rose to its highest position at No. 2 and stayed there for 22 weeks ending March 2010.

So there it is - my highlights in my music career in 2009 - i had far surpassed my own expectations when i first started my music in 2007. But i'm not resting on my laurels just yet. There's still so much to learn and I've made it my daily goal to keep learning a new thing each day. I've made new goals in 2010 for me to work at. 

Thank you to everyone who frequently visit my humble blog since 2007 and all who had supported me in my music journey one way or another....i will persevere and keep on improving myself and not disappoint you guys :)

BAIK SKALI!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

ZAIBAKTIAN ]|[ Thursday, April 01, 2010