July 24, 2009

Joys of June

Salam everyone!
I've been pretty busy with productions which is what I like to do best. Yup, never fail to learn something new...tracking, mixing, arranging, mastering etc...always magic when u're working in the studio. Haha....ada yg komen blog ni dah berlapok...kurang updates....aku suka sangat biler orang komen....sama ada yang buruk atau baik...pada aku, itu bermakna orang prihatin dengan perkembangan kita.... I started tis blog in late December 2006 with the belief tat i should write about what I felt my music journey is all about. When i did my 1st few entries in January 2007, only a select few of my family and friends were reading and visiting. Alhamdulillah tat now i'm able to share my adventure with a growing number of people...at the very least if they wanna know how I started in music, they can do so by reading my past entries :) So here is my updates about what went on i my music world in June PS:- Thanks to Lyn & SV for reminding me to update..hehe :) JUNE 2009 APM PRESS CONFERENCE - 2ND JUNE 2009 me and mr Amin, guitarist for the band VJR (runner-up of RIA Band Remix 2006) I asked Amin along wif me to attend my very 1st Anugerah Planet Muzik Press Conference. For those familiar with my performances, they will no doubt remember Amin as the guitarist backing me in almost all my shows. Though 'ZAIBAKTIAN' technically is a solo act but I have no doubt in my mind tat the musicians who have stood by me these years are as much a part of 'ZAIBAKTIAN'......questions have been thrown to me about why I did not simply form a band as my forte is performing live wif all these wonderful musicians behind me etc.....hmmm, i'll answer these questions in the near future :) ...but i'll definitely would love to, as much as possible, to share my success and limelight wif these people who had given their best to me :) Greeted at the door with familar faces namely the RIA & WARNA DJs and it's great to meet up with other Singapore artists I am definitely familiar with namely Merah, Didicazli, Aliff Aziz, Fauzie Laily, Sleeq, Ross Revalina etc....and also meeting for the very 1st time with Nana, Hyrul, TheSallys etc.....and it's definitely wonderful to see those, though not nominated, lending support with their presence such as Fyno, Jeff Catz, Audionauts...... wif Yazri Merah (composer/lyricist of the hit song 'Lelaki Baru') wif Didicazli (eventual winner of Lagu Singapura Paling Popular wif 'Impianku') I was delighted when it was announce that I have been nominated for 2 categories in APM namely 'Lagu Paling Popular Singapura' with the song 'Lelaki Baru' (composed & written by Yazri Merah) and 'Artis Paling Popular Singapura'. Though I was silently confident about getting nominated for the song category as it was one of the most popular songs in 2008 on Ria 89.7FM, it was quite a shocker for me to be nominated in the popular artist category....tis is due to fans and supporters...they had put me there!! :) Personally, to be nominated in APM is one of the highlights in my music career....when I first started music, I did envisioned myself getting recognised in days like this.....Alhamduillah.....never mind the outcome....the journey is wat's important to me :) the APM nominees of Singapore ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Production of SAMSURI's single "Mawar Merah" - 11th JUNE 2009
Finally, the single production is complete. Co-produced by Yazri Merah and myself, it had taken several months to come to this moment. Yazri together wif Amer Merah had done the final arrangements in December 2008 and we finally wrapped up the music recording process in February 2009. Sessioned by Amer Merah on drums; Yazri on bass/guitars, I had been scouting for a talent to lend his voice and put the finishing touches to this song, which was composed and written by myself. As with the music recordings, we did the vocals at TNT Studios. Eja, Eddy Hafiz and Zed Raven were present as well to lend their moral support. Baik skali!! :) Engineered, mixed and mastered by Ah Boy, I liked the end product....there is ample energy in the song to make u wanna play the song again and again :) Eddy, Zed Raven, Samuri and Eja Eddy, Zed Raven, me and Samsuri Mr Ah Boy, the man behind 'Lelaki Baru' and now 'Ejen Cinta' Hopefully it will be 'Mawar Merah' next :) To those of you unfamilar wif Samsuri Salleh, let me inform you bits about him..... Samsuri is not exactly a new face as television audiences would find him familiar as he was runner-up for "Juara HMI" back in 1995 and for being one of the favourites in "Anugerah 2005" till when he was disqualified. (eventually won by Hyrul Anuar) I believe that Samsuri has great vocals....wide range, wonderful feel, strong expression.....and he did the vocals to "Mawar Merah" excellently. People have asked me about his image....hmm I cant comment as I am not great in the image department factor either. But I'm pretty sure tat once you listen to him 'live' and get to know his humble self.....you'll accept Samsuri in your life :) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ANUGERAH 2009 - 16th JUNE 2009 I was invited to attend the show by the producers as one of the contestants, namely Sein Ahmad will be performing "Lelaki Baru". I had never set foot in Mediacorp TV Theatre but surely there's a 1st time for everything rite? Met with many familiar faces at the lobby....Ross Revalina, Pujangga Malam, Umi Latifah, Mama M.....wonderful atmosphere in there wif each set of supporters shouting their support. I will not do say my piece about the performances in Anugerah....but I must say I'm definitely honoured....mixed emotions tat I can't describe seeing someone else performing Lelaki Baru......as I sat there watching beside Didicazli, Aliff Aziz and Syed Azmir, I have no doubts tat they themselves feel the same way as I do. I also felt proud for Yazri Merah as I come to realise tat a total of 3 songs composed and written by him were performed by the contestants namely "Cintaku", "Andai" and "Lelaki Baru". By tat, i think Yazri had subconsciously set a benchmark for other Singapore songwriters to follow. Baik skali!! :) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

ZAIBAKTIAN ]|[ Friday, July 24, 2009