April 3, 2010

AnugeraHitz.sg

I have to say that it's an honour to be nominated as one of the five nominees in the "Best New Artiste" category in AnugeraHitz.sg.....will be fighting it out with Hyrul Anuar, Maiya Rahman, Sarah Aqilah & Shahril Bahri.

Frankly, i do think i deserve to be nominated for the hardwork and sacrifices i've put into my music these last few years. I've been asked numerous times about my chances of winning. As mentioned in the New Paper on Friday 2nd March, i've been touted as hot favourite to win this category.

To be nominated is already a good recognition for me. I think not many knew that I've always been fighting many challenges in my music journey. Never did i envision that i will somehow be able to cross over to the mainstream and be appearing on tv someday and somehow i managed that...alhamdulillah

When i started my music adventure back in 2007, 2 factors was always being mentioned:

  1. Age
  2. Image


These 2 factors had always been against me from the very start. Age for example....i look around and i don't see anyone in my age bracket (30-34) being visible in the music industry.....as part of a band, yes....but none as solo acts.....

I've mentioned to friends that if the judging criterias are based on achievements and consistency, i think i deserve to win....but if it's based on image, looks and prospects, then it should go to either Sarah or Hyrul.

Not winning this award would not put a stop to my music journey though, insyaAllah. Like i mentioned before in this blog, i have a 5 year plan to succeed in music. I have 2 years left to go and I hope to leave something great at the end of my 5 years in music.

Nonetheless, i hope my nomination would serve as an inspiration for anyone wishing to pursue a music dream as an independent artiste...if I can do it......so can YOU!! :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all who have been in my music adventure one way or another....you're loved!!

BAIK SKALI!!

ZAIBAKTIAN ]|[ Saturday, April 03, 2010