April 15, 2010

DUNIA YANG FANA

'Dunia Yang Fana' finally ended its stay on RIA Charts, a weekly hit songs charts show on Mediacorp RIA 89.7FM, recently.

22 weeks on the charts!!
Highest position at No 2 for a couple of weeks, behind Kangen Band's 'Takkan Pisah' and Didicazli's ' Takkan Kembali'.
Though it would be unbelievable to have my second No 1 hit song after 'Lelaki Baru", i'm very much delighted to have achieved so much for this single. For the song to be accepted by the mainstream radio listeners is a fine achievement for me. :)

I wrote this song in March 2008 after a conversation with my Mum tat fine morning. She was giving me plenty of advice that got me to soul searching. So while reflecting on her words that same night, i suddenly had the chorus melody line in my head....and the rest is history...


VIDEO COURTESY OF afdah on youtube

ZAIBAKTIAN ]|[ Thursday, April 15, 2010